Rated 5 out of
Finally, I have a Laptop that I Love!
This terrific computer is an amazing improvement over my 4 HP Laptop computers. It is fast, light and has a battery that lasts forever. I have used it now for 6 or 7 months. It truly is the best laptop I have had in 25 years of using laptops.
Date published: 2020-02-19
Rated 4 out of
Almost Perfect - if LG change the below.
This screen size is perfect, so is the resolution. The only short falls are
1. CPU cooling. The existing cooling can only sustain 10 watts(long runs). which is even below the rated 15watts of the CPU. The 17 inch has enough room to fit in a second fan and it desperately needs it. or atleast put in a thicker heat pipe.
2. CPU graphic falls short, this 17 inch needs the icelake cpu.
3. RAM. Please allow and option in 17 inch to have dual slotted rams. (No embeded). or atleast have a 16 gb embeded option so has to have 32gb ram. (With slotted I could have an option to bump it all the way up to 64GB).
With these there will not be a reason for this laptop to cover all the desktop replacement needs (except for hard core gammers).
Date published: 2019-10-07
Rated 3 out of
Review from IT support perspective - needs work
My client wanted VERY light laptops that were fast and had large screens. I support just about every brand there is but few meet this requirement. I got the LG gram and tested everything from an IT perspective more so than from an end user. I think LG could make this laptop great if they made a few changes -
1. Offer an OPTION of a keyboard without the 10key
2. Get a NEW CAMERA - the one built in can't do facial login and is really bad for video conferencing - it seems to be from a time of Palm phones.
3. There is virtually no tech support - they kind of have one but it is about as helpful as calling your plumber for suggestions on a new circuit breaker.
4. Offer an option for a spare power supply - many people commute between home and work and like to have an adapter at both places.
Date published: 2019-09-08